Last month I talked about the future of Facebook Credits as a currency to exchange for goods of all shapes & sizes. Last week Facebook made two significant announcements in this direction: Facebook Send Button & Facebook Deals
Facebook Send is a button brands can add to their sites so Facebook users can ‘Send’ a link directly to selected groups & friends inside Facebook – a key component of the social shopping experience…”I like this jacket, here’s a link for you to take a look”.
More importantly, they also announced plans to fully integrate Facebook Deals into the social sharing features already available in Facebook. So, as I said in last weeks post Facebook users will soon have the ability to recommend products & negotiate group deals inside Facebook.
- Facebook Send Button Reminds Marketers that Email isn’t Dead, it’s Evolving (customerthink.com)
- Facebook Announces Send Button, Like Button Companion (hubspot.com)
- Facebook Adds “Send” Button [News] (makeuseof.com)
- Facebook Deals Launches in Five Cities (techland.time.com)
- “Facebook Deals Takes Aim at Groupon and LivingSocial – NYTimes.com” and related posts (pbokelly.blogspot.com)